Tuesday 16 October 2012

Day 31 Recreate your favourite challenge!

It's finished! After an extremely drawn out 30 days, I have finally reached the end of the challenge. There were times when I wasn't sure if I would get here but we persevered.

I decided that I wanted to recreate a combination of Day 11: Polka Dots (and kind of Day 30: Inspired by a tutorial). In my meanderings I have seen paint splatter nails, which are basically just as the name suggests- nail polish (or paint) literally splattered across the nails.

After looking at a bunch of pictures I figured I could replicate the style... I probably should have at least looked at one tutorial...



I started with two coats of Chi Chi white, and initially tried flicking the coloured polish. Trust me-this is not the way to do it. I then resigned myself to a dotting tool, creating alternate sized dots. I'm quite happy with the finished result of my paint splatter nails. It does remind me of an old painters drop sheet.

So this is it for the challenge, but in no way is this the end of my posting! I've caught the bug, and I am crawling with ideas for new designs. For those of you who have kept track of the challenge the whole way through, a huge thank you, and to those of you just joining me- please check out my older posts :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome! If you check out the tutorial on Nail Art 101, they dip a straw into polish and blow it across the nails. But I actually like your version better :)

    ReplyDelete