Saturday 13 October 2012

Day 28: Inspired by a Flag

What a long day! I have just started playing softball, and had my first game today....

WE WON! (sorry- I was pretty excited!)

 It was so much fun, and despite being a complete noob, I am loving it.

But, I digress. On to the nails. For Australia day this year, I decided to paint a design similar to this, using my then limited supplies (toothpicks and a small stash of polish). I since have started using acrylic paint, and brushes, to get nicer looking lines.

These Australian Flag nails were created using two coats of Kleancolour "Metallic Blue", and then used white acrylic for the stars and Union Jack, and Ulta 3 "Scarlett" for the red accents.




The above pictures are actually my second attempt. I had these all finished, and thought I would add a top coat to add some shine. Now, I'm not sure if maybe I was impatient and didn't let the acrylic dry long enough, or if it was a strange reaction with the Seche Vite, but this is what happened:


The white acrylic and red polish accents began to fade, until they completely disappeared. So frustrating. Has anyone else had problems with polish reacting with acrylic? Or was it my impatience?
Nevermind, I got there in the end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment